The Warrior’s Kit –
Today’s Military requires a lightweight, easy to use HME detection kit to rapidly discern immediate threats from potential explosive compounds. The unique DISCERN kit, available only from Serim Research, provides military personnel a simple, easy to use test to identify explosive compounds encountered while on patrol, raids or other exercises. This one step test quickly screens unknown substances for explosives and will distinguish ammonium nitrate from urea nitrate, as well as oxidizers such as chlorates, bromates, peroxides (hydrogen peroxide, HMTD, TATP) from perchlorates (Tannerite®, flash powder).
Pocket-size, single-use foil packs weigh only 2 ounces and can be easily carried in a uniform pocket. Bulk kits containing all items needed to test 25 samples are easily carried in all transport vehicles.
Benefits for Military personnel
- Portable, single-use or bulk kits available
- Fast, accurate results
- Does not require mixing, sprays or hazardous chemicals
- Can be used with both powder and liquid samples
- Identifies multiple compounds in a single test
- Simultaneously desensitizes the sample and provides analysis
- Specialized training is not required, permitting use by all military personnel.
Decreasing Time on Target